I am currently writing a technical paper for the SAWE (Society of Allied Weight Engineers) and am in need of some data regarding the 1958 Jaguar XK150S (FHC, 3.4L). In particular I'm in need of the weight of:

Dunlop RS4 6.00x16 tire

Inner tube for above

5JKx16 54-spoke center-lock wire wheel

Spinner for above

5-1/2JKx16 pressed steel wheel

Lug Nuts for above

I wonder if you or any of your club membership might have the above data and if you could supply me with same? I'm also in need of the installed front and rear suspension spring rates (lbs per in). I realize this is an imposition and I'm not in a situation wherein I could offer any compensation for time and effort spent to acquire and transmit this data, other than to offer to share any data regarding said vehicle that I may come across in the course of my endeavor, and, of course, my profound appreciation.

Yours truly,

Brian Paul Wiegand, PE

Submitted by brnwgnd@aol.com on Wed, 10/06/2010 - 00:00

George:
Thanks, that would be helpful. It's just that I had estimated the component weights for modeling in my longitudinal acceleration program, and I would like to see how close I came to reality. I had the tire as a Dunlop RS4 6.00x16 of 23.5 lbs, with an inner tube of 3.5 lbs. The wheel I had as a Center-Lock 54 wire 5x16 of approximately 22 lbs (the spinner another 2 lbs or so). Anyway, thank you again for any help you can give in this matter!

Brian Paul Wiegand, PE

Submitted by SE98-32482CJ on Fri, 08/13/2010 - 11:21

Paul I can weigh a NOS wheel and Tire and a knockoff--I will not pull it apart for individual items weight though. No 150"S" came with steel wheels that I have heard of and in fact any 150 with steel wheels is very rare. If those weights will help let me know.