FOG LAMP LENSES!

I am curious about fog lamp v driving lamp lenses...
Several original xk140s I've owned in the past had one of each - a clear, 'driving' lamp lens on one lamp, and a beveled 'fog' lens on the other. I was told this was proper - but i dont think ive ever seen this on other XKs! Whats the scoop?

BRAKES!

I am re-doing a brakes system on a XK150. My mechanic suggests we try the stainless steel replacement calipers, which is fine - but I also see a double caliper upgrade offered at Barretts and others. Any one with experience with this upgrade? Suggestions?

If I show the car, are original brake calipers a necessary cosmetic detail?

Thank you all!

Submitted by SE98-32482CJ on Thu, 10/13/2011 - 14:10

Greg unless there were two switches that is just stupid--not on your part but the clear lamp is a driving lamp--worse than useless in fog and the fog lamp is useless for driving fast. They were normally mounted in pairs for the type of driving intended!

The stock brakes on your car are more than enough--they will lock up the wheels and unless you are going to be the first person to seriously race an XK150 it is just a waste of money.

If you show the car the brakes are non judged but a good judge will see them and wonder what other liberties you have taken. Stay Stock!