I have an early model 1959 XK 150 it was missing the bonnet prop rod so I ordered one for an early model ( there were 2 to choose from in the parts catalogue early and late ) after receiving it I believe it may be the wrong one as I cannot figure out how to mount it to the fender wall , unless there is some type of mounting block missing on the fender wall . If anyone has a close up picture of it mounted to the fender wall I would appreciate it . Any help would be appreciated Thank you Bill

Submitted by NE08-63766 on Tue, 11/19/2013 - 02:12

Nancy,
Sorry but it occurred to me that I forgot to mention the other prop rod for the boot lid, (trunk lid), which later 150 models such as yours also had. My early, (July 1957) 150 has a spring loaded telescopic boot lid support. That's why it dawned on me that they may have sent you the boot prop rod by mistake. I found one photo of the boot lid prop rod, right side of photo, the white piece.

Regards, Otto M.

Submitted by SE98-32482CJ on Mon, 11/18/2013 - 20:49

Nancy ordering parts for an XK150 can be a chore. There were 3 body styles with 4 different engines and 3 transmission options. You did not say but if your car is an 'S' variant the prop rod will not be as in Pat's picture. If you do not have one you need to get a parts catalog. JCNA offers one in the shoppe on this site. What is different from the other copies offered by some is the JCNA version is per the original with color coded pages to denote the different options and it is an approved reprint by Jaguar.

Submitted by nbreheny@hotmail.com on Mon, 11/18/2013 - 20:01

Otto, Thanks for the photo . I do realize now that I did order the wrong prop rod . I was used to ordering parts for the specific year 1959 such as the wiring harness and tail light lenses and the bumper over riders and they always ask if it is a late or early model . It is an early model for the 1959 but I realize it is a late model for the XK150 model overall . Thanks for your help

Pat , Thanks for the information on the website , should help me out a lot .

Submitted by NE08-63766 on Sun, 11/17/2013 - 05:32

Nancy,
Your photo didn't load, possibly because it was above the 200K allowed for posting. Also your 1959 model is not considered an early model. Early would be from 1957 to early -58, so when ordering parts do not specify early. Late 1958 to -61 classifies as late. I've looked at a few 1959 models & the photo shows what I described as the correct mtg. If yours is an "S" model then the rod would mount on the left side. Look on the left side of the photo & you'll see where the rod is mounted & on left side, near the bottom you'll see where it rests when down. I believe all of the items are available from most vendors here & the UK.

Submitted by nbreheny@hotmail.com on Sat, 11/16/2013 - 17:41

Otto , Thanks for your information and picture . I must have the wrong prop rod as mine does not have a flat end with a hole in it . I am enclosing a picture of the one I have . I do not have the 2 pieces of hardware that the prop rod attaches to on the inner wing panel , If I cannot find them I'm sure I can make them . Thanks Again

Submitted by NE08-63766 on Sat, 11/16/2013 - 04:36

Hi Nancy,
In the photo, look at the top row, the 2 pieces on the left are the parts that affix to the inner wing panel, in front of the wiper motor. Line up the square piece with the hole, insert the threaded stud end into the flat square hole & secure with a nut & flat washer & lock washer on the outside of the panel. The prop rod should have a flattened end with a hole at one end, that slides onto the outer part of that mtd. piece & is secured in place with a flat washer & cotter pin. The other end of the rod will fit into an off-set, "L" shaped bracket, fitted to the forward bonnet cross brace. If you need, I'll send you a photo of that also.

Regards, Otto M.