I need a picture of the throttle switch location in an XK 150 with overdrive. My car was converted from automatic but not completed. I have the switch but am not sure where it fits and it's linkage to the throttle system. I would appreciate it if someone could email me a picture of this setup on their car. Thanks

Submitted by bsnowdon1@cogeco.ca on Mon, 10/06/2003 - 19:15

Thanks for your response. You're right, it is an electrical overdrive. From your description of its location, I suspect that I may have the wrong switch. The one I have is similar to the one pictured in the service manual under adjustment instructions but I believe this is in the XK 140 section. Do you know if the XK 150 used a different switch? Thanks.

Submitted by SE98-32482CJ on Sun, 10/05/2003 - 06:42

Bruce the assumption here is that you have electric not manual overdrive. The switch in question was not on all cars. Early cars did not have it and only when there were problems with users shifting into od improperly was it added. It mounts on the front carb. top front bolt. Adjustment is tricky and the proper switch is tough to find. A parking brake switch from a MK2 or E will work but the connectors are spade not bullet. For my customers who demonstrate proper use I bridge the wiring harness in a hidden area and increase response. The switch is in a dirty area and can become stuck or slow acting. If you use the switch watch the adjustment as it is tricky and may cause problems. It should close on light throttle (very light). Good luck.

George Camp