Just when I thought I had it all figured out I was browsing through Steve Kennedy's fabulous new book and now I'm confused again. The way I see it, there were seven engine configurations: 3.4 liter with A-Type head (early models)(natural aluminum); 3.4 liter with A-Type head (later models) (light green); 3.4 liter with B-Type head (SE models) (light blue); 3.4 liter SP Type head (XK150S models)(Gold); 3.8 liter with A-Type head (natural aluminum); 3.8 liter with B-Type head (metallic blue) and finally; 3.8 liter SP Type head (XK150S models) Gold. Kennedy also notes that both pumpkin and gold have been seen on the XK150S models but doesn't explain further.

I have a 59 XK150 Special Edition, 3.4 liter (most all of the cars were SE models) and have always been told that these cars were equipped with B-Type heads and were painted robins-egg green. According to Kennedy the head is supposed to be light blue.

Can anyone quote a definitive source for these colors that we can reference for judging?

Pat Harmon, CJ NGJC