Well you'll never guess what the problems were. I called Bassett who did the car and he said spray the fuses with WD40 and rotate the fuses. Bang, everything worked except the licence plate light. I took it apart and there was no bulb in it. I put a 1156 bulb in it, but it seems too bright. Any clue on what bulb I should use? So everything is good. I'll try and upload a picture. Thanks to everyone who tried to help. Rog

Submitted by woebegone@mind… on Sat, 09/04/2010 - 13:40

One of the best anti-Lucas tools you can buy is a 12V test light.
You can clip it to ground (or feed for checking grounds), and simply touch the tip to contacts, fuses, all sorts of things.

On your fusebox, weaseljuice is not something I would use, but if it works, hey.....anyway, clip your testlight to chassis ground (or batery ground), touch the contact to your fusebox from power in, if it lights, go to the fuse clip, if it lights, go to the metal part of the fuse...in your case, you would have had power at the fuse clip, and not at the metal fuse end.

Once you get it, continue checking down the load.

BTW, once that weaseljuice evaproates, and the car sits a bit, you're most likely going to have the same problem.
Personal experience (and in shops) is to remove the fuse, and clean up the inside of the fuse clips, I use a Dremel and a small wire brush attachment, looking until it shines, then a bit of conductive paste on the inside before plopping the fuse in.