Submitted by mediawiz on Mon, 03/09/2020 - 15:39

I have a 2012 Jaguar XKR. (I love the car! ) The only problem with the car is that the (Standard, not AAC) cruise control system doesn't work. (Error: "Cruise not available", Obd code: U0104) Basicly, the (standard) cruise control system won't property initialize.

The local dealership service depts have been no help in diagnosing/fixing the problem. (One dealer service dept said they couldn't find the problem. Another said that the ECU/PCM needed to be replaced, but that didn't solve the problem. Also note that the battery has already been replaced, and the steering column electronics and break switch has already been checked.)

At this point, I'm left with fixing the problem myself.

I'm trying to get a full set of factory service manuals, plus any after market manuals that might help. (Download?)

I'm also trying to find out what is the best diagnostic/service (OBD) unit is for this car? I don't want a simple OBD unit that can just display OBD error codes. (I have that.) I'm looking for a diagnostic/service system that can do complex operations like syncing/pairing an ECM to the car.

Thank you for any help you can offer.

Submitted by NE18-66422 on Sun, 09/04/2022 - 05:10

Did you ever meet with any success?  I have a 2013 XKR and while it's flawless today, I want to be ready for when issues arise.  It's frustrating since for BMW, Porsche etc. there are Bentley manuals readily available, but nothing for Jaguar.