This report was put together some time ago, but it will give everyone an idea what has been happening with JCNA Slalom Competition.
2002 Midterm Slalom Report.
With a total of twenty four sanctioned JCNA slaloms in my possession, and possibly a few more on their way, we are well on our way to a more enjoyed activity than in past years .
For quite some time now the number of competitors in the Modified classes of JCNA Slalom Competition have been growing, and many people are opting for more than just stock performance of their Jaguars. Unfortunately the majority of these people cannot compete effectively against cars that are trailered to events , complete with race tyres which are designed to heat up in a hurry and provide an increase in grip that is unbelievable until you experience it for yourself . At the AGM in Kansas City, the Slalom Committee was given the go ahead to look into the problem and possibly make rule amendments and class additions to come up with an answer to the disparity between cars of the modified classes. I have been working with the rest of the committee members to develop rulings for two new classes for the milder modified cars. I am proposing these new classes will be known as ô Lightweight Street Preparedö, for the lightweight cars, and ô Heavyweight Street Preparedö for the heavyweight cars. These new groupings will be ready in time for the next AGM, and hopefully will encourage others who in the past have been leery of entering the quicker modified category. This may also be a stepping stone up from ôStockö, before going one step further and entering the Modified classes where anything goes.
Art Dickenson, Slalom Chairman.