should I replace them? 120k on vehicle. Original shocks. Will it ride diff with new orig equip ?

Submitted by vogelbp@gmail.com on Fri, 01/03/2014 - 20:22

Arnott, while a fine company, does not make the required suspension components for a 2000 VDP. Air suspensions didn't start on the XJ series until 2004 and their products focus on replacements for the air suspension (even if converting it to a more conventional setup).

Submitted by vineyardman68@… on Thu, 01/02/2014 - 00:00

There's an old saying: "If it aint broke, don't fix it."

I wish I could have used that saying in my last problems, but since you asked, contact:

"ARNOTTINDUSTRIES.COM" and ask the pro's. If anyone knows the answer to your question, these are the guys.

Submitted by vogelbp@gmail.com on Tue, 12/31/2013 - 18:11

Your question is very difficult to answer since they could be just fine if the car has traveled 120K "easy" miles versus the same in "bumpy" ones. In addition, the only one who can really answer that is you based on whether or not you're satisfied with how the car currently rides.

I changed the shocks in my '99 XJ8L when it had just under 90K miles on the advice of my mechanic. I went with KYB replacement shocks which definitely gave (and continue to give) a firmer ride than the original shocks on the car.

If your existing shocks are no longer operating within spec then any replacement shocks, including the OEM ones, will almost certainly change the ride characteristics. You should consider what you currently have in terms of ride and handling, then look at what the OEM specs are as well as other options that fit (and their specs) if you wish to tweak the ride and handling in one direction or another.

Good luck and happy new year!