I have recently acquired an early (91st) E-type roadster. As is correct, the car has no seat belts. I am not too comfortable driving without seat belts. Any suggestions on installation? The car has a racing history, although it now has been totally restored. I imagine it must have had seat belts at some point, but there are no remaining signs of their type or placement. I realize that the correct answer is no seat belts, but I know I will not be happy without them.

Thanks

Submitted by NE23-45717 on Tue, 07/01/2014 - 22:58

Thanks George and Ken.

My car is very early, 875091, so I will have to add the mounting hardware. I am conflicted, wanting to keep the car as original, but I am just not comfortable driving it without any type of seat belt (a lap belt will be fine, I found some NOS Hickok belts which are from 1963, at least they art the right era.). If I was just putting the car in the garage and taking it places on a trailer it would not matter, but I think it deserves to be driven. Thanks for the images, they should be a great help.

Marc

Submitted by SE98-32482CJ on Mon, 06/30/2014 - 07:52

Marc, Ken has it right for his car but the approved mount points for your car differ between early cars and the later 4.2 car. I have included an illustration or two that will help--I hope. Congrats on an early car--keep it right!