I own a 1993 XJR-S (black coupe, #92 of 100). The XJR-S was exported to the US market only in 1993 and in small numbers (purportedly 100, 50 coupes and 50 convertibles, with equal numbers in black and red). Lately I have been wondering about two issues:

1. What numbers and types of XJR-S were actually sent to the U.S. in 1993? While I have read numberous documents on the subject, they all point to expectations about what Jaguar intended to do, not what was actually done. Where could I find out how many XJR-S were actually sent to the U.S.?

2. Is there an XJR-S registry? I have done a limited search without success. Any thoughts about where to find a registry if one does exist? The XJR-S has some unusual features and while the Jag-Lovers Forum is a big help, I would like to have access to other owners of XJR-S so that we could share tips. If there is no registry, what would be the best way to setup such a registry?

Don
1993 XJR-S & 1996 XJS Celebration Edition

Submitted by dwcurtiss@virt… on Thu, 01/19/2006 - 20:11

Here is the contact information for an owner of a XJR-S (Black Coupe) in Seattle. I am quite certain he won't mind you contacting him (since he is a member of our club).

Russ
British Auto Center, Ltd.
2938 S.W.Avalon Way
Seattle, WA 98126
206-935-0872

Dwight
1990 XJ-S Convertible - Collector Edition

Submitted by dcamburn@nc.rr.com on Wed, 01/04/2006 - 08:01

I seem to have accidentally started two threads on the same subject. See the response on the other thread from Steve about the XJR-S registry.

Where did you get the XJR-S manual -- my mechanic and I have been looking for one.

Have you ever been able to find anything on the Zytec ECS? It worries me that there is a major component on the car for which there appears to be no way to work on it, given that no one seems to have the computer/software needed.

Don
1993 XJR-S & 1996 XJS Celebration Edition

Submitted by kallcomm@cac.net on Tue, 01/03/2006 - 22:04

Don,
I have a Red 1993 XJR-S convertible and would like to have other owners to discuss things about the car with. Mine is #45. There was a fellow, I think his name was Steve Gallant{sp?} who had a registry, I think. I contacted him some time ago with the info on my car but never heard back from him. I was able to get a copy of a factory XJR-S, not just a XJS, service manual. It has info in it that is not in the XJS manual. Greg XJR-S