Edited on 2013-06-20 8:40:55

My 59 XK 150S was outfitted with a radio when I bought it 24 years ago. Radio was missing but an antenna was in place on the rear right fender. Can I mount a retro looking after market radio with MP3 player in the car without costing me concours points?
Radios were definitely offered on the XK 150 as options. They were fitted in the center under the dash panel. Listed in the parts book as MK.7301, MK.7303, & MK.7309 depending upon wave length.

Submitted by phil19564@1usa.com on Mon, 06/24/2013 - 17:00

I'm in the tear-down stage of a '61 rd. - one of the last dozen or so made - and while removing the antenna that's only a few inches forward of the left door, I saw that the horizontal inner A post supports (at the hinges) had large notches that the antenna inner shaft went through. The fender hole and the notches were all in line and the identical notches look factory made. The inside antenna support bracket used British bolts to install. I have access to a very early 150 RD. that's just back from the painter. I'll see if there's notches in the supports on that car. It's interesting all the minor changes the car body went through at the factory in only a few years. Whoever writes the 150 explored book was their work cut out for them.

Phil.

Submitted by SE98-32482CJ on Mon, 06/17/2013 - 18:18

Steve I think you better check in the options section. Jaguar offered a radio and Jaguar NA offered one also. See the accessories appendix please.