Edited on 2008-03-11 17:37:52

Can anyone refer me to a good picture and/or other reference that would help me insure I have the right tools with my car? I have the JCNA Series 1 E-type Judge's Guide but do not fully understand the tool kit descriptions as they would apply to my car. I also have referenced pics in the XKs catalog. Was hoping there would be a reference somewhere with a detailed pic that just said "yours should look like this".

My car was stored in an attached garage, that is attached to a house with kids who used them on bikes, owner who piddled with the lawn tractor, ect. for more than 30 years. I found several Jaguar tools digging around the storage area, but no where near all.

Any help much appreciated!

Curtis Wood
curtisatthiscrazygarage.com

PS. Another question, the Series 1 Councour guide says "Jack with seperate handle until: 877518
Jack with integral handle...... after #s above"

Question: What about cars inbetween like mine? I do have the original jack and it is the integral handle type. Will this be considered correct?

Submitted by SC38-21185J on Thu, 03/13/2008 - 21:15

Curtis: I understand, but why stop at only one? You really should do a "season" by showing it at 3 separate shows. This way, you will have a national ranking, and, with each show, your car will get better as you fix the things that caused a deduct. Doing 3 shows is the least you can do for your Jag and for all of the hard work you've put into it!

Submitted by cwood13@aol.com on Thu, 03/13/2008 - 20:03

Dick, I sent you an email with my address.

Patrick, thank you very much for the advice. My intention is to concour my car just once when it is finished and then just admire and enjoy it. While I am making it as nice as possible, for this project I would take original over condition.

Thanks again,

Curtis Wood
curtisatthiscrazygarage.com

Submitted by SC38-21185J on Thu, 03/13/2008 - 09:37

I doubt any judge will be tracking serial numbers to jacks, i.e. before and after. But generally, it is my understanding that the jack on the Series 2 cars were separate ratchet type, and Series 1's were with attached handles.

Jacks and original tools are very difficult and very expensive to come by these days. I would never deduct a participant for having a repro wrench in his pouch. Yes, I would look at the condition of the pouch, condition of the tools, and if all tools are present.

I have been "docked" by a questionable judge with questionable intentions for having a tiny spot of discoloration on the side of the adj. wrench that lays against the pouch fabric. This is of course, complete and utter nonsense. I have also seen an otherwise perfect 100-point car get deducted for something very miniscule in the tool kit at the same city....so I don't show there anymore.

I can post the tool descriptions from the spare parts catalog if that would be of help. Otherwise, you might just call someone in your club that has an original kit, and just compare the two. That's a lot easier than our having to post pictures. Just do the best you can and don't worry too much about it. If the tool rool is the only thing that the judges can deduct for, then I'd say, you are doing pretty good!

Patrick