Edited on 2011-12-18 15:30:59

I am making a decision on new tires (225-55-16) and considering the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S+ (W speed), Goodyear Eagle GT (V speed) and the Firestone Indy 500 Wide Oval (W speed). I am interested in feedback on these or other tires you have found to be excellent for this car. I have put 50,000 miles on the current set of Michelin Pilot Exalto (H speed), but they have always been somewhat noisy on the freeway with a "whine" as you slow or prepare to exit.

Thanks,

Scott

2001 Jaguar S Type 4.0
1997 Jaguar XK8 Convertible
1990 Jaguar XJS Convertible (for sale)

Submitted by jsmethurst@int… on Wed, 12/28/2011 - 23:45

I have just fitted the Michelin A/S Plus to my 2006 S Type R. I am amazed at how quiet and comfortable they are, they even show some form of grip in the winter snow that we have had here (but we haven't yet had a "real" snow storm this winter). For high performance tyres they seem to have some real tread, unlike a lot of other high performance tyres which seem to be strictly for summer use only.

Jonathan S

Submitted by NE23-46558 on Wed, 12/21/2011 - 18:18

I have a recommendation for you: Cooper Zeon RS-A. Consumer Reports gave it top billing in the "ultra performance all-season " category. I never had Cooper tires before, so I looked into the company. It is a genuine all-American company based in Ohio. They have been in business since the dawn of auto tires. CU noted until the last few years their tires were average. But now, this tire blew them away! I put a set on, and so far I am pleased, although I have only 3 months on them. Can't wait to try them in snow! I bought them through the internet (Trend Tire I think- simply because they were the cheapest.) Had my local Goodyear store put them on. Pep Boys also carries them, but their price was a bit higher. Good luck!

Submitted by stevejag@sbcgl… on Mon, 12/19/2011 - 16:53

I'm gonna chime in on the side of the Pilot Sport A/S+. I have Pilot Sports on my XJR and love the ride and handling, but they do sing a little. For several years I have recommended the Pilot Sport A/S tires and currently have numerous friends and clients running on them. To a fault, all are committed to them, and many are on their second or third sets. My next set [soon] will be the A/S+ version.

Hope that helps!