Edited on 2008-06-10 19:20:09

We purchased this car a black 4 door 1986 vanden plas and are now looking at others on the market for a value,the problem is we can't find one like it with the gold trim. Any ideas or places to find it? The man we purchased it from told us there were not many like it. Were we scammed??? can't find any** like it.

Submitted by keith.loretta@… on Thu, 06/12/2008 - 08:05

Hi Kelly. First, you placed this question in the XJS forum. I'm sure you'll get a better response in the XJ Saloon forums. But, just my opionion, you won't find many with the gold trim, because most purist consider the chrome (silver) trim to be the proper trim. I think the gold was a dealer option, which wasn't very popular. I don't really think the color of the trim is going to effect the value that much, since, unless your car is a very nice one, near perfect in every way, the value isn't going to be all that high. Theres cars all over the nation in really good condition in the $2500.00 range. Many say they can buy them for less, and just as many say their worth more. Don't look at Jaguar ownership as an investment, it just won't pay off in the longrun. Good luck in your quest, and enjoy your car, there still great cars. Keith.