Edited on 2008-07-15 21:14:06

Just a heads up to those who may be interested, there is a guy who is taking apart a 1962 E-type coupe, and he is taking VERY detailed photographs and posting them on his blog. Brings back painful memories for me...I only wish my disassembly photos had been this detailed, and, that cheap snapshot digital cameras were available! But this is a PERFECT example what we have to start with when restoring an old E-Type, and why it takes so long, and why it is so costly.

His blog is here:
http://xkeresto.wordpress.com
His latest post is entitled "Black Rain"

I would highly advise you go back into some of his past archive postings...simply amazing photos here folks. Scroll down below and you should see a lot of them. Yes, he mixes in some stuff about his motorcycle and an occasional car show, but most of it is on the E-Type.
He doesn't know too much about E-Types, but he is learning quickly. I think he got this car from his Dad, and the car has been sitting for 30 some-odd years. The Opalescent Blue re-spray is not the original color.

So if you are about to begin a restoration or know someone who is, you should send them the link to his blog. Keep in mind that you need to SUBSCRIBE to his blog so that you automatically get an e-mail when he makes another post.

Feel free to post a comment of encouragement! Eric is a friendly chap, mechanically inclined, and appreciates constructive comments from anyone. He is interested in remaining authentic with this car, but will be driving it rather than making it a museum piece (like someone I know).

Patrick McLoad