I have a 59 150. Would like to mount Fog lamps which I have had for years on to the car. The Lamps are NOS Lucas FT/LR 14. They have about 15" leads with proper bullet connectors but too short from position between Headlamp and turn signal lamp to reach the multi plug receptacle mounted behind the grille (not enough outlets either see below) . Also my car only has the 3 position light swith - off, sides, head. In addition the wiring loom (new in late 90s) does not seem to have an extra receptacle for Fogs. Several questions: Anyone out there has done this? Do I need the 4 position switch and are they available (at one time were not except from parts car)? Any options?
Thanks

xkmeister

Submitted by SE98-32482CJ on Mon, 06/20/2005 - 16:51

First your loom should be wired for fogs. It is the red/orange I think. If the connector blocks are correct there should be a terminal for them.

Second you need a switch if you want them to be correct. If not you can add a switch elsewhere. Problem is that the loom lead is behind your current switch.

Last the biggest problem with fog lamps I see is not the wiring it is the mounting of the lamps. The lamps actually mount on the bumper irons and only pass through the splash aprons (grommet to close).

Good luck finding a switch--tough to come by. George Camp