Somebody has apparently figured out how to use these sedan 3.8 intake pieces on a Series I E-Type. Understand an angled piece has been fabricated to get it done and that the innovatiion comes from our friends Down Under.

Looking for help with this initiative.

Submitted by NE08-35179J-J on Thu, 09/04/2008 - 17:45

Yowza Patrick,
They might actually be replacing Strombergs on a manually equipped car, that would be for good reason. It's not "BASTARDIZATION" it's "PERSONALIZATION".
Seriously though, I'd worry about it more but since the advent of the new "Championship-Lite"....er, I mean "Driven Class", exactly what is the point?
I'm still amused that some people thought Webers were stock on E-Types and that others think each cam cover is a bank of six-cylinders.
Laughing with them not at them.
Later, Bob Lovell

Submitted by SC38-21185J on Sat, 08/30/2008 - 09:42

EXACTLY! Why would anyone want to go to the trouble to make it "wrong"?! Pretty soon, the car gets sold as an "original" car, and new owner can't figure out why things don't fit exactly right. This is NO "innovation"!! It's "BASTARDIZATION"!

Submitted by SE98-32482CJ on Sat, 08/30/2008 - 07:22

Craig the problem has never been changing the angle--the real problem is that they use a different choke arangement which is electrical and temp. controlled so there is a wiring issue and the tubes need to run exactly where the frame rail is. All in all by th time you "Jury Rig" this you could put the correct system in--add to the fact that you will need to rebuild the carbs and manifolds--why not buy the correct stuff--NEW.