Submitted by bsheridan@rest… on Mon, 11/11/2013 - 12:28

Can anyone tell me where to locate a list of past JCNA councours winners in XK120 champion class showing a list of names & email addresses?

I am restoring a 1952 (May) XK120 roadster and need advice from someone who has won high or top scores in XK120 champion class.

I checked out XKdata.com but couldn't find such a list.

Does JCNA have the information somewhere on the website?

Email: Bob5837atroadrunner.com.
Cell: (909) 267-0012.
La Verne, CA 91750.

Submitted by artrageus@shaw.ca on Sat, 02/22/2014 - 22:38

Bob just because it scores 100.00 pts dosen't mean that it is right.In fact there is no such thing as a 100.00 pt car! There are some very pretty cars that get very high points that are totally undeserved. If it it originality you are after then I would suggest that an investment in the 2 vol set by Urs Schmid would be a wise decision. A second point I would present is follow your gut if it looks wrong..then it probably is! The criteria for concours champions has changed a lot over the years..originality has not. Unfortunately a lot of the scoring of concours cars has more to do with egotistical owners with deep wallets,and sometimes an argumentative disposition than with originality..There is also the problem of inconsistency of the knowlege of the individual judges.As these cars age the pool of reliable knowlege shrinks. I know only too well that posting this could generate a firestorm of protest..but I stand by my comments..Ps I won XK50 with my 1954 OTS. You are welcome to contact me if you wish Godfrey

Submitted by rcmaury@bellso… on Mon, 11/11/2013 - 20:00

Hi Robert, you can go to Standings, click on the year, click on Concours and look at Class C2. With the name and the club affiliation, you can go to the club and maybe contact the people. At this time, we have not been able to get the clubs to supply everyones e-mails. Kind of a work around but should work.