3. The proposal for SP classes was modified to provide that the Slalom Committee will formulate a point system to evaluate whether cars will be considered street prepared or modified, based on the modifications done to the car. This would take effect for the 2004 season. For example, a list of modification would attribute points to various modifications (ex., torsion bar upgrade, 2pt.; adjustable shocks, 2 pts.; larger rims than stock, 3pts.; enlarged exhaust system, 1 pt.) Total points for modifications to the car will be determined and if the total exceeds a threshhold, say 7 pts., then the car would have to go into modified rather than SP.

We need to start developing this system NOW so that it can be presented to the AGM next spring for approval before the 2004 season begins. Comments and suggestions need to start now.

Please post all comments and suggestion on this issue under this topic. Thanks to all for the assistance.

Steve Weinstein, JTC-NJ
JCNA Slalom Committee Chairman
JTC Slalom Chair
'72 E-type 2+2
'89 XJS Coupe

Submitted by NE52-32043 on Mon, 04/07/2003 - 14:25

Warren,

Thanks for the suggestion. This is exactly what I had in mind when I raised it. I believe we can utilize a good portion of what appears there in the NASA rules, with some tweaking to fit some or our cars, especially the older ones.

Steve Weinstein, JTC-NJ
JTC Slalom Chair
'72 E-type 2+2
'89 XJS C

Submitted by warren.hansen@… on Fri, 04/04/2003 - 01:25

Steve,

Such a point system for autocross already exists. Take a look at how NASA has dealt with points for performance upgrades:

http://www.nasanortheast.org/ (Click on NASA-X Rules & Classes).

There may be a need for some adjustments for JCNA purposes, but why (at the risk of being sarcastic) re-invent the wheel! (Oh; sorry. That's another thread isn't it!)

Regard,
Warren

Submitted by NE52-32043 on Thu, 04/03/2003 - 14:47

Pascal,

This is a good idea, as far as gather information goes. Can you provide me with a Word version of the existing form so that I can make the changes and get them posted on the website before the season starts?

Steve Weinstein, JTC-NJ
JTC Slalom Chair
'72 E-type 2+2
'89 XJS C

Submitted by tgman@ix.netcom.com on Thu, 04/03/2003 - 13:05

Good point. At this juncture officials are not sufficiently prepared for the breadth and height of slalom mods that would take a car beyond SP levels of preparation. Data aquisition will help avoid rule mods coming out on an annual basis. I would like to see he query list would include: interior mods, roll bar/cage pick-up points, suspension pick-up points, steering modifications, car weight, suspension mount modifications, 'frame' modifications (i.e., tube chassis replacing/supplementing monococque), body modifications (door welding, plexiglas, flares, dams), engine/trans mounting position, brake substitutions, transmission substitutions, ride height, noise ...
I'm sure there's more...
Bob Grossman