I purchased a certified pre-owned S-Type R about a month ago. I bought it from a private owner and confirmed with several dealerships that it had a clean history and was indeed CPO. I ran a Carfax on it, etc. It's got 27K miles and I must say that I have already started experiencing mechanical problems with the car. On occasion, when I turn left from a complete stop, the steering wheel shutters. Last night, my wife and I were about to leave for dinner, I cranked it up and it idled at 500 RPM's for a few seconds and choked down. I tried to crank it a few more times and it wouldn't turn over. Roadside assistance just visited and could not diagnose the problem so I guess I'll have it towed to the dealership tomorrow.

My wife drives a 2002 Mercedes CLK and in the last 6 years, I have owned 2 new G35's. I have never had an issue with any car I have owned until now. Although it is under warranty and I shouldn't have any out of pocket expenses associated with repairing it, I'm still concerned about the overall reliability, not to mention the frustration.

Any words of wisdom (good or bad) would be much appreciated. It's one of the most beautiful cars I have ever seen! I just hope I haven't purchased a lemon...