I am looking at purchasing a car that originally (as per its Heritage Certificate #11243) was opalescent blue on the outside and dark blue inside.

It is now the (proper) Jaguar Carmen Red, with a proper Jaguar biscuit interior. It is a 1966.

Can it still qualify for concours and/or will be penalized for not having its original color combination?

Thank you

Submitted by SC38-21185J on Mon, 01/05/2009 - 08:25

Actually, Jaguar would make you ANY color combination if special ordered. And yes, Biscuit is a popular interior color for many restorations, and looks great. I don't know of any judge who would question a red/biscuit combo, however, they might on an opalescent Maroon with suede green interior!

I am currently working with a friend with the restoration of his '66 coupe. It has extremely low miles and is a very original car, though the interior needs help. It is a Dark Blue (Navy) exterior with a Dark Blue interior, however he is thinking of changing the interior to Biscuit.

Patrick

Submitted by rcmaury@bellso… on Mon, 07/07/2008 - 10:45

As long as the colors are original and the combination was one that was available from the factory, it will not count off at a concours. That is if it is all red and not just the outside, ie: frame rails, inside trunk, etc. In other words, painted as it left the factory. Nice color combination BTW.