I just acquired a 1954 XK120 that has been stored for 30 years along with 2 spare engines and a pickup load of parts. I need to find a Jag mechanic in my area (Northern CA) to help me figure out what I have and to get it running.
The car was raced until 1963 and came with the headlights molded onto the fenders and a short plexiglass windshield. My cousin, Irvin Thiessen, installed a stock windshield and top and drove the car until about 1972 at which time he put it in storage. The ID number is F10508S.
I could certainly use some advice on how to research this car's pedigree and to whm I could turn for help.
Thanks, Jim Thiessen

Submitted by NE52-32043 on Wed, 09/15/2004 - 13:02

Jim,

In addition to this website, log onto www.jag-lovers.org and sign onto the XK-lovers list. You can also search the archives there for information on restoring these old cars. You'll find a large number of XK enthusiasts there who may be able to help you with additional information.

When you have a chance, post a couple of pictures here and let us see what you've got! Best of luck.

Steve Weinstein, JTC-NJ

Submitted by stuross41@eart… on Tue, 09/14/2004 - 17:45

There is a book in a series of "Original...." in this case "Original Jaguar XK" by Porter, Bay View Press (There is also one on XKE and Mk I & II Jags. Anyhow, that book might be a useful addition to your library and be helpful in researching and restoring the XK-120. Good luck with the car.

1974 XKE OTS
2000 S-Type V8

Submitted by bonnettoboot@e… on Tue, 09/14/2004 - 16:48

Sounds like you have found a good project. Contact the local jag club for help in finding a knowledgeable and honest mechanic. Otherwise send the car to an established shop such as Jon Pollock in Los Angeles 818 701 9044 , or classic car connection in Los Angeles 818 757 7050 Good luck Jaguar affectionado and etc.