I am looking at a 1967 420 and it has interior issues (replacement dash and potentially front seats) as well as unknown mechanical issues. Are there specific areas that I should be concerned about- mechanical, body, interior, etc? Also, are parts plentiful? Are there other resources I should consult? I am unfamiliar with Jaguars. Thanks for your assistance!

Submitted by bob.mightyroar… on Sat, 01/25/2014 - 19:47

Thomas's advice is good, buy the best coachwork/interior you can find. The mechanical parts are well supported in the aftermarket. Get a nice shiny, low rust/corrosion car and fix up the mechanicals and you will have yourself a nice ride. Get a rusty one or one with poor interior condition and you'll spend a lot of money and the joy of the Jaguar will be lost.

Bob Grossman

Submitted by coventryclassi… on Thu, 01/23/2014 - 18:33

Eugene, look the body over for rust. There is no frame and relies on the sill structure and jacking points for strength. Drive train parts are readably available. Any good interior shop should be able to handle the interior. Is this car from a rust prone area, or a dry state? Read up and ask knowable people before you purchase. I have owned two and enjoyed them both.
Cheers Tom