Following ownership of a long line of Jaguars, I recently purchased a 2008 XK Coupe for use as a daily driver to complement my 1971 E Type FHC. The 2008 is in very good overall condition, has low miles and is generally well suited for my purposes. Unfortunately, the car has one major design/engineering flaw - the car has none of the typical instrument gauges (oil pressure, water temperature, ammeter) which I have learned to rely on for engine systems operation. I'm familiar with the various warning lights and messages designed for the "modern" driver, but I'm still "old school" and prefer the gauges for dependable and instant data. As a result, I'm researching an install of standard gauges. If anyone has gone down this road, I would certainly welcome a discussion of prior experience. Thanks.

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Sat, 10/28/2017 - 19:51

Dan, I am using virtual gauges on my touchscreen and have a write up on it. It doesn't include oil pressure though as the X150 doesn't have an oil pressure sensor. If you're interested, swwags@gmail.com. I can point you to the info. There is no charge for the information and I'm not selling anything:-)