My 2007 XKR has the optional 20" wheels, with the usual curb rash thereon. I'd like to get them repaird and painted. The body shop that will do this feels that the small bolts that line the circumfrence need to come out. This does not appear to be a two piece wheel, so I'm assuming that the bolts are effectivly ornamental, and should come out with out any fuss. Anybody have any experience with this?

Terry Sturgeon
2007 XKR
1968 E Type
1965 E Type

Submitted by morgigman@yahoo.com on Sat, 07/12/2014 - 09:01

I got my 01 XK8 wheels chromed on an exchange basis from Wheel Concepts in Calif.
Phil Levine 805-376-2113. This guy was great. I'm sure he can answer pretty much any questions you may have. Very satisfied with them.
Ben DiGregorio

Submitted by John.black@com… on Sat, 07/12/2014 - 08:44

Related question to same wheel type. I was considering chroming. If the wheels are two piece and not just decorative then this may not be feasible. Does anyone have any confirmation on whether this is possible with this wheel type? If chroming is an option can you recommend a reputable company that can do this please. Thanks.

Submitted by SE21-31278 on Sat, 06/18/2011 - 20:36

Terry,
Are those the BBS wheels? My 2005 has the 2 piece BBS wheels with those small bolts you speak of. They can be removed and put back in, using blue Loctite and torquing to 15Nm. The bolts on mine took an 8mm splined bit.
Post a picture or send me one at coopdvmatbellsouth.net and I will know more about the rims.
Bill