Hi everyone, I justhave a quick question. I am looking to buy a 2004 xj8. I was wondering if anyone can give me a heads up on what problems to expect? should I actualy make the purchase.

Submitted by helicoptorman@… on Sun, 09/15/2013 - 20:52

John, Alen and Dave Thank you so much. I was looking into that.. I found some very interesting videos on you tube showing the conversion to struts. seems very easy. However, they never explained if the computer system detects the change or loss. and what that result would be.

Once again gentlemen , Thank you all so much.

Submitted by alan.barc@veri… on Tue, 09/10/2013 - 09:04

I know several owners who have had to replace the air suspension, especially if the car is not driven. This was the case with my car prior to my ownership. A less expensive alternative is to have an after market traditional spring and damper installed on each corner by an independent Jag shop (about half the cost I think). As nice as the air ride is, I'm told the spring replacement gives a better ride and that Jaguar made that switch on later model years. Fortunately we have several independent Jag experts here in Dallas who charge a lot less than the Dealerships, which can be a big factor on older models

Submitted by deltajhotel@aol.com on Mon, 09/09/2013 - 17:43

Would agree with John, there have been a lot of air suspension problems, this apart it is still a fine automobile, if the car has a FSH you should be good to go