I just had the front bumper repainted and do not want to have to do that again. It seems that only the new clear plastic is available. Anyone know where I can get a removable leather (or vinyl) bra?

Submitted by SE98-32482CJ on Wed, 10/13/2010 - 16:33

Dave--Robert The JAG 754 is still a valid number and it is an "Official" part in North America and retail is $175. Your part number C2S-4496 is also an official part but issued by Coventry. Both are shown to be in stock and priced about the same but what the difference is in application to the car or how they look is not clear in the parts system. JAG 754 is fully illustrated in the XK8 accessories catalog (JAG2000/XK) and part C2S 4496 can be seen in accessories catalog JAG 2001/XK) The "Classic Jaguar Parts" you speak of are available through any dealer-they simply need to be reminded (or asked) to query "CODE 26". A lot of dealers are not aware or possibly for another reason do not automatically check. What is interesting is that the photo for both parts in different catalogs is the exact same. This leads me to believe that Jaguar NA was first out of the gate with the part and there was a "glomm" on by Jaguar.

Submitted by dgbelanger@att.net on Wed, 10/13/2010 - 15:05

Robert -

I have a 2003 XK8 Coupe that I purchased in March, 2007 from Aristocrat Motors in Kansas City. At the same time I purchased an "official" Jaguar vinyl front cover - Part # C2S-4496 for $148.21. Today a dealer may tell you that the part is no longer available but there is a difference between "no longer available" and "not stocked". If you can't find it at a dealer try ClassicJaguarParts.com. They are an official Jagguar supplier with thousands of parts that are no longer made. They do not sell retail but dealers and other suppliers like Coventry West can order thru them.

I have also been looking for a bra for one of my S-TYPEs and have found an upholsterer willing to try to copy mine, but I suggest you try the official channels first.

Dave Belanger - Houston