I've had my car for 3+ years now and enjoy driving it in spring summer and fall. The car has 47,000 miles now, and the only thing that bothers me is the ride, which is looser than I had anticipated. I have a 2009 535ix and have been driving bmw now for several years. I don't expect the same ride, but is there a way for the front be tightened up so that when I go over bumps or a rough road I'm not bouncing all over the place? I service at a dealer in Huntington NY and they say that I don't need new struts or shocks. Can anyone recommend a solution and potentially a shop in the Long Island area that knows how to work on this car without damaging it or charging a million dollars?

Thanks,

Barry

Submitted by dgbelanger@att.net on Fri, 06/10/2011 - 15:39

--- Continuation of thread from General Forum ---

Gearge - The part # listed is the Jaguar part supplied to the dealer (Aristocrat) in KC. As far as I know all of the nose caps from 1997 -2007 are the same so the bra should fit all t=of them (the grill insdert on the SKR may be slightly different but you didn't say you had an R model).

The bra was attached by the parts man at the dealer and it probably took longer to read the instructions than to fit it. I can put it on in less then 15 minutes. The only problem I've had is an upholstery shop replaced the bungee cords on the bonnet piece because one of them broke. Other than that it does a good job. I've had a Jaguar bra on my S-TYPES since 2005.

Submitted by stevejag@sbcgl… on Mon, 04/04/2011 - 15:13

Oops!
I just discovered I had a senior moment!
On your car, the orientation of the bushings should not be an issue. The condition of the bushings is the consideration. In any case, if they are the originals, I'd consider changing them out.

Sorry,

Submitted by bm367@columbia.edu on Mon, 04/04/2011 - 12:17

Steven,

Thanks a lot for the quick response. I'll see if I can find the bulletin and then have another dealer check it out.

Enjoy your day!

Barry

Submitted by stevejag@sbcgl… on Mon, 04/04/2011 - 11:50

Barry,

There was a bulletin that came out before your car was produced that described a change in the front lower control arm bushings. Bulletin 204-11. It was amended a couple of times as well, the last time in April 2003. I would have them inspected and see if, one, they are torn or disintegrated, and two, installed in an incorrect orientation. Either condition will give an XK8 or XJ a "loosey- goosey" feel while driving.

Cheers,