Sorry for the vague description in the subject line. I have a 1999 XJR with over 111,000 miles. Runs good and and strong. But lately I've been noticing this noise on full acceleration. I can't descerne if it's a tick or a "pisst". My fist thought (and hope) is that maybe it's an exhaust manifold gasket leak. Not really a valve tick or a rod knock, but none the less, disturbing. Sounds like it's coming from the right bank of cylinders near the firewall. That's judging from the driver's seat under heavy acceleration. Like when the supercharger revs up and delivers. Un-noticable at low acceleration, normal driving. The car is missing the coil cover on that side of the engine. Anybody familiar with what I'm hearing? Any ideas? I don't beat on this high mileage Jag, but do like to enjoy the power of the supercharger at full acceleration from time to time. I believe that's why it's there! I am experiencing occasional electrical issues as well, but don't think they are related to "the noise". Any and all comments and/or suggestions are welcome!!
Thanks!
Jay