Light on switches come on but seats don't heat.
Assume there is a relay or fuze bad. Anyone know
where they are located.
Thanks
Ed

Submitted by lenapcar@gmail.com on Sat, 11/09/2013 - 11:24

Thanks, Steven. I will check out the relays and the wiring. George, as for replacements, eBay motors has some grids for sale that might match your specs from reliable sellers I have dealt with.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out. It is getting chilly here!

Submitted by stevejag@sbcgl… on Mon, 11/04/2013 - 00:12

Well, the "two" grids in the cushion are really only one part. That one also has the thermostat that prevents powered overtemp. Personally I've never had to deal with too many failed heaters, all in all, they are pretty reliable. Consequently, I've never tried to repair a grid.
The only source for a replacement grid I know of is Jaguar. There are aftermarket grid kits to install a seat heater system, but they aren't compatible with the factory type, the control system and the current specs are just never the same.
I'd be interested in a picture of one of your grid repairs, if you could think of if and send me one.

Cheers,

Submitted by SE98-32482CJ on Sun, 11/03/2013 - 15:37

Steve I am doing this project now. There are in fact 3 grids-back, center bottom cushion and bottom surround. That aside I have repaired the grids but where can you purchase replacements?

Submitted by stevejag@sbcgl… on Fri, 11/01/2013 - 14:09

Hi Len, nice to hear from you. Glad to hear all is well........other than seat heat, of course.

It is possible you have a blown fuse, just not very likely. You can check the RH Heelboard fusebox, fuse #18, 25 amp. This is provided the little state light in the switch does come on. If the fuse is good, you'll then have to investigate the relay under the seat, or the grids, as above, there are two of them. They are wired in series, so if a break occurs in either one, both are dead.

If a grid is found open circuit, that seat cover will have to come off and the grid replaced.

Cheers,

Submitted by lenapcar@gmail.com on Sat, 10/26/2013 - 13:20

Hi Steven, I had some leather work one on my seats in August and now the driver seat doesnt heat. Little chance it is a fuse? If the grid is broken, what are my options? All else is well; hope the same for you.

Cheers,

Submitted by stevejag@sbcgl… on Sun, 09/08/2013 - 21:24

Ed, with a car of this age, you most likely have a break in one of the heater grids in in the seat. There is one in the cushion and one on the squab [seat back]. If one of them breaks, you have no heat, even though the switch light comes on.

Cheers,