One of my '96 XJ12's will not let me into the trunk. Battery dead, possibly disconnected in order to prevent draining the battery, I don't recall if this is the case or not. Key will not trip the lock, trunk lock does not appear to be working at all. The key normally will trip the lock when turned to about 2:00 I can turn the key all the way to 3:00+ and nothing happens. I have plugged in a battery booster into the cigarette lighters with no luck, won't power up anything, not even interior lights. Any idea's? Can a hole be drilled behind the license plate to manually trip the lock? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Submitted by silver007@shaw.ca on Mon, 12/15/2008 - 01:17

Time of year perhaps,
anyone who has a problem with any door locks, padlocks, etc , should go to a GM dealer ( parts department )and ask for a can of "DPL " this stuff is the best in the world, thaws out and prevents more of the same, and lubes like no other, never use WD 40 for locks.......

Submitted by dougdwyer1@com… on Fri, 12/12/2008 - 07:39

On my '95 there is a "+" junction post in the firewall just behind the brake booster. You can use that to power up the system.

Sounds like your truck lock needs a clean-n-lube !

Good luck
DD