I have a problem with the rear brakes of a 1995 XJS 4.0 L convertible caused by the brake metering valve part #CBC4233 not releasing the pressure on the rear brakes, It's a discontinued part by Jaguar and although "dealer" websites show they have one, turns out they don't. Any advice/experience on if serviceable or use of a used one from a parts car?

Submitted by NE33-38783 on Sun, 07/01/2018 - 18:52

Since the valve is no longer available NOS and was nervous about the setting(s) on aftermarket ones I purchased a used one from Paul's Jaguar that works fine and solved the problem. It is a pressure reducing valve for brake pressure to the rear brakes to prevent lock up under heavy breaking taking it out of the line to the rear brakes I would think is a safety issue.

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Sun, 02/25/2018 - 14:16

Having the same problem. Have found you can remove the valve and hook the lines directly together and this will release the brake pressure. However I do not know if this is a long term solution or not. I would think not. Most auto makers don't put on parts that are not needed. Let me know if you find a solution. flyhitn@yahoo.com