The Window wipe rubber on my car has started to break off on the drivers side so I ordered new rubber wipe from Welsh and am trying to install it. Does anyone know how to remove the door panel? I have unclipped the bottom of the door panel but the armrest anchor point (nearest the front) seems unaccessable (sp?) and appears firmly anchored to the door inner sheet metal. Any suggestions? Thank you. Does anyone know a way to replace the rubber wipe without removing the door panel? Thank you twice!

Submitted by NC45-61244 on Tue, 09/22/2015 - 11:24

Just wrote up the info and now it's gone !!!!

Door panel comes off fairly easy. Remove the screws on the mirror remote, pull out and unplug the connectors. remove all other screws top and bottom and gently pry out all of the plastic door connectors. At the front of the arm rest there is a metal cover. Gently pry it off of the clip holding it on the door panel. Lubricate the leather behind the cover and gently pry it backwards to reveal a phillips head screw. You probably will not be able to pry the cover back far enough to use a phillips screwdriver. Good if you can, otherwise, use a pair of needle nose vise grip pliers and work the screw out. Notice the direction the clip is facing when you pry back the cover. Now the panel is loose. There is a metal door clip on the back side of the door panel that is now holding the panel on. grab the door panel and give it a tug upwards and now free. Dis connect the speaker wires and the rear door panel light. When you install, suggest you replace the phillips screw with a hex head 1/4 x 28 x 1" sae screw available in pack of 4 from lowes or at your hardware store. if you have any questions, my email is kenatofc@gmail.com also have an 89xjs parts car if you need anything. suggest you join (free) http://www.jaguarforums.com/ for almost any information you need for your jag... good luck ken in wv