Hello everyone. I'm entirely new to the Jaguar scene, my background has been the Toyota Supra for the past 16 years.

I'm here on the forum because a close friend of my mother's is selling a Jaguar XJ-S 12 cyl. It has been garaged all it's life and has 8,795 original miles. The car is in beautiful shape throughout. I need help though, since I do not know what this car is worth. If anyone can help me out with approximate pricing, or if anyone is interested in purchasing it, please let me know! I have high-res shots and a couple of walk-around videos of the car.

Thanks,
Tony

Submitted by supratico@aol.com on Wed, 04/23/2008 - 18:13

Thanks so much for the responses! It took me a bit of time to get back here since I was getting some history on the car and running Carfax report and getting some basic history from the seller. As far as the condition, I'm going to try to put some pictures up on this thread. I'm sure you will all be pleased.

The morning I went to see this beauty, I asked the owner to start it for me so I could hear and see it running. The car started right up and I revved it a little bit for the video I took. The owner told me the car was taken out for short drives on nice days throughout its life, so it's not as if it was just sitting abandoned and deteriorating in some garage. It was maintained at "The Collection" in Miami. I just sold my Supra about 2 weeks ago and have some $ that I plan on investing in some land. If that wasn't my plan, I would love to pick this thing up for myself!

Here goes my attempt at posting pics in this new forum:

Submitted by dthompson@gbc.ca on Fri, 04/18/2008 - 09:22

Kelley's Blue Book says $6,500 if it is a coupe and $8,425 if it is a convertible.

It all depends on the condition of the car. Low mileage is good in some cases and a curse in others. Do you know how expensive and time consuming it is to get a car like a V12 Jag running right if it has been sitting for an extended period of time?

Assuming the car is PERFECT in all respects, I would say $10k for a coupe and $15K for a convertible.

By all means, advertise the car for double those prices, you never know when the "right buyer" will come along!

Daniel

Submitted by NC43-62049 on Thu, 04/17/2008 - 20:12

Edited on 2008-04-17 20:12:48

Someone may assist you off-line but they would need to know more:
1. originality;
2. condition;
3. body style (convertible? etc.);
4. model year which determines engine type (pre-HE, HE),
5. engine disp (5.3 litre or 6.0 litre V-12?);
6. speciality features ("TWR or Jagsport" upgrades) etc.
7. A low mileage car WITH poor maintenance may open other cans of worms
seized brakes, crispy wiring, dried out hoses etc. etc. etc.