I need to replace a cracked windscreen. Insurance company sent me to Standard Autoglass. They have a windscreen available but say they need to locate the chrome and rubber trim because they cannot salvage the existing one. Anybody know of a possible supplier for this trim?
Thanks,
Jonas

Submitted by saadi7@msn.com on Fri, 04/01/2005 - 20:48

Jonas,

I had to replace my windscreen recently on my 1998 XJ-8 due to a small stone flying off a car on the freeway. So, when I went to my local trusted glass repair facility, I demanded they use original OEM glass from the local Jag dealer. It looks better and keeps your car more original. They also replaced the rubber but were able to salvage the chrome. My Jag dealer supplied all the OEM parts to the glass repair facility.

NOW, let me state that insurance companies do not easily allow you to get OEM glass without a little push and nudge and asking the right way. My insurance is State Farm, and they are great. All I had to do is ask for OEM Glass with out any frustration on my part.

If that repair facility can't help you out, call others in town, depending where you live Of course and who your insurance company is.

Daniel Saadi