Greetings to all...please welcome a new owner, although not new to Jags. I have a 71 V12 E-Type.

While driving my wife to her horse barn, there on the side of the road sat a Sable Brown 1978 XJ6 L with a d=foe sale sign on it. When I pointed it out to her, she said "Oh - I meant to tell you about that it's been there for a week". I turned to her and said with a wink "No you didn't".

It is now in my driveway. A very clean and original California car with 92,000 miles. Of course there are some issues!

First, I was unaware the car should have three keys - alas the one for the trunk and glovebox is missing. I think I know the answer, but I assume there is no solution but to source another lock.Any other ideas appreciated.

Now the AC. It is original, still with R12. Was checked by a pro, pressure is good, compressor is coming on. However air coming out of vents is cool not cold. I have a feeling the problem is in the vents and flaps that mix the hot an cold air. Air also seems to be coming out of all the vents and I believe that in full cooling mode that should not be the case? If anyone could give me any insight on what to check I would be most appreciative. The system in the E-Type is much simpler :)

Wayne