Good evening,
My name is Tony Leo. I have recently purchased a 1976 V12 XJC in Lima Peru. I have a question regarding the master cylinder brake oil reservoir. The existing oil reservoir has cracked and has been previously repaired with an epoxy glue. I would like to replace the oil reservoir, however I have since discovered that the style of brake oil reservoir is not shown on any of the various Jaguar brake websites that I have visited. The brake reservoir is not remote mounted nor is it the cylindrical design shown affixed to some Jaguar master cylinders. My vehicle's oil reservoir is more of a rectangular shape and I believe it is stamped with a Leyland manufacturing symbol.

The details of my car are:

Serial Number UG2G50488
Engine Serial 7P26097LA

I would be very grateful for any assistance you may be able to offer or the name of someone who may be able to assist.

best regards,

Tony Leo
Leo_TonyatCat.com

Submitted by SC20-30420CJ on Wed, 12/03/2003 - 08:34

Hello Tony,
I think we need to change the name of the club to Jaguar Clubs of North AND South America!

Your brake reservoir: I'm not completely sure about the different export markets but I've never seen anything other than the round remote reservoir on a 76 XJ12C. That's what my 76 XJ12L has. Perhaps a previous owner (PO) has changed the master and reservoir for some reason? You might have to change both to get a new reservoir unless you can get more information here.

John Testrake
Jaguar Association of Greater St. Louis