Hi Guys:
You may remember my post about 4 or 5 weeks ago about replacing the driver's side trunk drain tube. The responses were all correct....what a
d--- job! Maybe I'll have a couple of root canals instead of doing that again. Of course I did sand down the area under the tank and repaint that area. Found a gas receipt from 1973 and furry animal bodies.
One interesting thing about cleaning the gas tank. It did have a lot of surface rust.The local Harley dealer told me to use apple cider vinegar. He says they've used this process weekly on Harley fuel tanks for 20 years. I put 12 gallons in the tank (with outlets sealed off) and let it sit overnight. I did turn the tank over several times. The Harley guy told me to rinse it many times with plain water and boxes of baking soda. He says the baking soda neutralizes the acid in the cider. I then rinsed it multiple times with gas. The results were amazing. It was shiny as new inside! I've driven it about 400 miles since and checked the under tank filter and paper fuel filter....no particle debris in either. Total cost about $24.00.

One question I do have. What is the hottest winter thermostat I can safely use? My heater blows warm but for my wife, not warm enough. I think there's a 190 in it now.
Thanks for all the help / Jack