I am hearing a slight metallic jingle coming from what I believe is the timing chain area...is this usually something that can be adjusted away and also, is it possible that this could effect ignition timing?

Also, this is a vacuum-less distributor....is any lubrication required or suggested to keep the system from advancing and operating smoothly--

The car had been sitting for some time prior to me getting it and takes a lot of "choke" to warm up and intermittently will skip as I advance thru the gears....this only happens under load...curbside after warm...idles and revs well....when skipping under load, adding choke alleviates the problem...

Submitted by DavidBarnes71@… on Sun, 04/10/2011 - 19:16

As far as the "lots of choke to warm up" and missing problem you may also want to check for leaks in the intake system. My car was acting similar and by spraying carb cleaner around all the joints I found a gasket that had deteriorated and was leaking. The idle picked up speed when sucked carb cleaner past the bad gasket. Also the carb floats tn the Zenith Stomberg carbs seem to be prone to leaking and filling up with fuel which seem to have caused missing problems in my car twice in the past 10 years.

David Barnes
'68 FHC

Submitted by mcfoo@columbus… on Sun, 04/10/2011 - 15:10

It's probable that your lower chain damper is failing. Replacement requires a good look at the repair manual, and head removal...

Submitted by SE98-32482CJ on Sun, 04/10/2011 - 14:30

The timing chain can be adjusted--just follow the instructions in the shop manual (available on here in the shoppe) The other symptoms suggest your carbs. need a good cleaning and inspection--(also easy with the service manual).