Hello All,

This is my first time posting on the forum. My dad and I just picked up a 1967 MK II in beautiful condition. Some rust on the rocker panels and other spots here and there, but the body is in almost perfect condition with the exception of the chrome molding around the windows and the rubber stripping on the insides of the doors. I am looking for any good suppliers for this and also any one with any knowledge of the MK II. Combined my dad and I know a good amount about what to do, but we have never dealt with an English car, and to be honest I cannot wait to get started. Also the engine was replaced with what I think is the Daimler V8 250, however I'm not sure and cannot tell just by looking at it. If anyone would be able to identify it by looking at pictures please let me know and I will post pictures of the engine. Any help or information on the MK II would be fantastic.

Thanks so much

Tim Batt
battwiseatgmail.com

Submitted by SC38-21185J on Mon, 01/07/2008 - 11:40

Tim: It would be my advice to first purchase a few books on the MarkII to become more familiar with the model (Jaguar vs. Daimler), even a spare parts manual would be of great help to you.

There are any number of good parts vendors around, but not all will have Mark II parts. My preference is SNG Barratt. They have both USA and UK offices. You really need to get (or download) parts manuals from all of these places (XK's Unlimited, Welsh, Terry's etc). You need to do your homework rather than them trying to figure out what you have or what you need. Believe me, you'll need much more than chrome strips before its all said and done!! Sounds like a great project!!

http://www.sngbarratt.com/profile/usa.asp

If you do on-line parts ordering, the prices quoted will be in pounds...they are still working on the US price list. Once you get a partnumber, call the US number and they can give you a quote.

Patrick McLoad
JC Houston
www.mcload.com

Submitted by zurdo_1@univis… on Fri, 12/21/2007 - 18:29

Daimler made a version of the Jaguar MK-II with a V8 engine. Are you sure you just bought a Jaguar MK-II or a Daimler V8? They are similar outside except the grille is "fluted" at the top, there is no Jaguar "leaper" ornament on top of the hood or "bonnet", otherwise identical except the engine, which is not exactly a performance engine like the Jaguar inline 6.

But the Daimler is not a bad car to have. I am familiar with the Jaguar 3.8 'S', known as the original "S type", made from 1963-1968.