My father and I own a 1967 420G. It has a rag top, back seat make up tables and right side drive. It needs some work, but its all there. I have looked all over the internet and I see the price varies from $1,500 to $23,00. I have not been into collectable cars, so I wounder why a car that seems rare to me , goes for that price. I figured you gentlemen might be able to enlighten me as to how it works this way and why. Is it economy or is ligitamenty that this car has a poor value. Any information would be greatful.

Daniel Moloney
Phx, Az

Man its cold, almost got to 50 degrees. LOL

Submitted by bonnettoboot@e… on Sun, 12/20/2009 - 21:58

There are (were) two converted 420g's in the LA area one was done very well a blue colour. Unfortunately even though they were of superior build quality they were not very terribly popular, particularly in the UK where the government used them as VIP vehicles. George, I thought they were fitted with picnic tables, were they not?

Submitted by SE98-32482CJ on Wed, 12/16/2009 - 07:55

Daniel rare is only one factor that determines value. Most folks have never driven a nice Mk 10 or 420G and have no idea that it is a vintage car with modern ride and comfort--best of both worlds. As to your car there were no "ragtops" made by the factory and the make up tables make it sound like it was a coach built car (ex-factory). It could have been modified by Radford or a company like them but the "ragtop" was not a common practice for them. Are there any badges or plates on the car that suggest "coachwork by ?????). Why not ask for a "birth certificate" from Jaguar (you can do it on this site). Best of luck and enjoy your car with your father.