As I have ben futzing around with my new Jag, getting door latch actuators working and such, I have been preparing to remove the "Mark X Allegro" aftermarket under dash AC, and think I may have a minor problem.

There is nothing between the bottom of the dash and the console.

Near as I can tell from inspecting many photos (and the manual), there is a big box extension from the console to the dash, with speaker grille, radio, and heater/defroster controls.

Since this is a budget car, anybody have any leads on where one might locate said item with cables?

The heater "tap" is gone, but there is an aftermarket one that I should be able to connect to.

Thanks.

Near Seattle.

Submitted by zurdo_1@univis… on Sun, 05/18/2008 - 18:22

thanks for the pic!

yes, that's the separate "upright box" that is missing, the rest of the console may be ok. I seem to see a reflection right under the left vent ? or is the a/c case lid open?

the black Radio Panel is not original, has been added too.

Does the a/c work at all?

I'll send an e-mail.

Submitted by zurdo_1@univis… on Sun, 05/18/2008 - 18:08

Edited on 2008-05-18 18:12:43

yes I can slightly discern an aftermarket a/c under-dash unit there above the center console.

Looks like they cut the top of the center console to make space for the unit? if you want to restore to original condition, looks like you'll have to get another center console. Not a difficult quest.

Also the original MK-II Heater Valve is always being sold on eBay, (new),

I understand these original valves have some sort of issue and must be shimmed or something like that. MK-II owners will know better about this.
I own an S type, which used a different heater valve.

Submitted by woebegone@mind… on Sun, 05/18/2008 - 14:11

Can do so.
In place still.
Step one, look at the photos I posted.
The interior shot, between the sides of the horn ring is it.

I will try to get some better shots from the back seat.

Compressor, condensor, brackets, probably the pulley, evap, fairly certain a receiver/dryer has to be there some where.