Hey!

I have a 1964 Daimler that was gutted.
Interior parts everywhere when I got the car... all pulled out.
I have the interior pieces and have restored the wood pieces to a brilliant sheen.

The problem: I don't know what piece goes where.

Can I receive some guidance and photos of what the interior is supose to look like?

Many thanks!
Will post photos as project progresses...

Submitted by jaguarrestorat… on Tue, 05/28/2013 - 12:52

Mr. Brady,

It is a V-8.

I've tried to post pictures of the car, the engine, etc., but I'm having difficulty with the interface.

Can I post more than one photo? Are the photos seen with the posts in the forum, or are the photos "housed" elsewhere on the site?

I'd like for everyone to see that the project is indeed legitimate and sincere. It just need a little assistance and expertise to put it all back together correctly.

Submitted by jaguarrestorat… on Tue, 05/28/2013 - 00:04

Again, many thanks to all for the responses. I am grateful.

Here are some picture of the vehicle. The first set will be of the exterior and engine.

The second set is of the interior, As you can see, the interior is completely removed from the walls and doors and everywhere else. This is what I am working to accomplish and restore.

( How do I upload more than one picture? )

Also there is a plaque from Solvang date 1981. Please see picture. Does this have and meaning such as a race or show or?????

Thank you all! I will continue to update as the repairs occur.

Submitted by SW05-50996 on Tue, 05/21/2013 - 14:22

I am not sure this will help, but...sounds like you are in the Bay Area? I recently was gifted a parts manual for Mark 2's which I am fairly certain included S models and maybe Daimlers. If you haven't seen one yet, they are good for exploded-view layouts of components and can guide you on many assemblies.
I have a Mark 1 that my benefactor thought was a Mark 2 (he's more of a Rover guy). Not being of use to me, I decided to pass along that manual to my mechanic, Gary, at Four Car Garage in Burlingame. I was pleased by Gary's work on my Mark 1, by the way, and will be returning for future work.
If the Bay Area is your milieu it may behoove you to contact them, first, to check on whether that manual applies to your project car (you could get one of your own), and secondly, maybe to find a good mechanic and shop (that you are almost assuredly going to need at some point).
Mention "Steve T.' and the gold-colored Mark 1 if you need any introduction.
Good luck, in any case.

Submitted by jaguarrestorat… on Mon, 05/20/2013 - 22:26

Mr. Morton, Mr. Camp, and All Others of This Forum -

First, thank you forreading the post(s) and the responses. I very much appreciate the insights.

Secondly, I apologize if I offended anyone with my informal greeting of "Hey!" It was meant in the usage of Southern informality as one might encounter in North Carolina. It was not meant in a manner of "Hey You!" or anything disrespectful. I am sorry for any sights or confusion.

I'm just trying to learn and educate myself, about this website, this forum, Jaguars, this Daimler .... everything. I don't know where else to learn. I've called a few shops for guidance, and almost all state that this model is so old and so rare in the USA that no one has any experience in such a restoration project; they would be guessing at best. At one time, I called down to Jay Leno in Burbank for help, as someone told me he had this model.

So now I came here, logged on, made the first name that I could easily remember ( Jaguar ) for logging on, and made a post. Here's some background.

I purchased the car from someone who died of cancer. One of the final wishes of this person was that the Jaguar be restored and running. I promised the family I would do that out of respect, as they couldn't. It's running, but now I need to do all I can to make sure the interior is re-assembled the best I can. I want to do just that: the best I can.

Hence, I came here and ask. I know the questions I have asked and will ask are overly simplistic if not outright stupid. Truth: I really don't know!

I have people and mechanics who know about late model cars and trucks. But when I ask about this model Daimler, they openly refuse to work on it. I even have asked people from Great Britain to help me, and they just laugh, stating that the job is impossible and just junk the car. But I made a promise to deadman and his family. I will do my best to fulfill that promise.

I can do basic work and maintenance of Toyotas, Hondas, Dodges and the like, but the Jaguars are a whole new breed to me. I don't want to make any errors. I can go to the junkyards and practice repairs on the said models, but when it come to this Jaguar, I'm baffled. I've only seen one abandoned in front of a Chinese restaurant in Belmont, CA, and one other in a junk yard in San Jose. I went back two days later, and it had been smashed for slagg!

So I am requesting any assistance for any and all. I request patience to my ignorance. This is all new to me. I'll post some pictures of the interior and its pieces.

Any and all help, guidance, an knowledge is appreciated and thanked in advance.

Submitted by mortoncjc@mind… on Sun, 05/19/2013 - 16:32

Mr. Daimler

I agree with all George Camp's notes. Especially, about starting with books, as the authors would have done their very best to document the car properly. Then, I restored a Daimler 250 a decade ago and have some pictures, mostly mechanical but some interior. As George said, the car is mechanically a Mark II except for that really pretty hemi-head V8. The story behind the engine is great history in itself.

Do think about what you are getting into. Your car is undoubtedly RHD which means the resale market in the US is quite limited. Daimler parts will be hard to come by in this country. If the headliner is out of the car then the windshield and backlite should come out. That means new seals and then you may as well do new glass. This could become a very big and expensive project. And that all assumes the powertrain is healthy.

Since I presume Daimler interest is limited on the forum and because the photos are big files you might find me off forum at MortonCJCatmindspring.com.

Submitted by SE98-32482CJ on Sun, 05/19/2013 - 15:51

Well "JAGUAR" it might be helpful if we knew what model we are talking about. The assumption is it is a 250. If so about 95% will be just as a MK2. The JCNA Shoppe has a coulpe of Daimler books as well as a MK2 parts manual. Lastly please provide some sort of name. Signing in as "Jaguar" with a "Hey" will most likely not get you all of the assistance you may otherwise receive.